We went to Sea World the first day we were there. We were watching the dolphins swim around and they came by and splashed us. Aaron thought it was pretty disgusting that he had dolphin water all over his clothes!
The shows at Sea World are pretty amazing! We just kept thinking "How do you train killer whales and dolphins to do these things?!"
We spent one evening at the San Diego Temple. It is a beautiful temple. There is one room in the temple that you are able to see the Angel Moroni from inside. I am so thankful we had the opportunity to attend a session while we were there.
On our last day in San Diego, we decided to go whale watching. We saw California Sea Lions, Gray Whales, and tons of dolphins! The tour boat goes out ten miles off the coast -- just to the point that you can't see any land, which was kind of a weird feeling! I got sea sick on the way out. They told us if we get sick to keep our focus on land. So how are we supposed to do that if there is no land in sight?! Once the boat stopped, I was fine -- and the way back was even better. No sea sickness for me!
California Sea Lions
California Sea Lions
A Gray Whale. I promise! The boat isn't allowed to get within 100 yards of the whales, so basically all you get to see is the water they spray with their blow holes, and once in a while their backs. Enlarge the picture and you'll be able to see the back of one of the whales we saw.
The best part of the whale watching trip was the dolphins. We came upon a mega pod, which is 2,000-3,000 dolphins. I was a pretty awesome thing to see! They would swim and jump right next to our boat. I could have watched that all day.
In the picture below, all the little black dot things are dolphins.
In the picture below, all the little black dot things are dolphins.

5 comments:
YAY you are a blogger! I love the wedding pictures. You are so beautiful!!!!!!
Love the honey moon pictures too. You were good to get some fun pictures. It looks like you guys had a great time. I like the one with Aaron drying off his classes he he, I have heard you can get pretty wet at those shows. Some day we will go :)
Congratulations! Oh my goodness your wedding photos are gorgeous! So jealous! I am glad you joined the blogging world.
Welcome welcome... I love to blog. I love that I can stalk you now. And you better believe I WILL>>>>>> lovey love the photos.
Welcome to the blogging world! Congrats on your wedding and fun honeymoon! I love San Diego. Your pictures are beautiful!
Hey Kirsten! Congratulations on your wedding. Your pictures are beautiful and my mom said that your reception was very very nice. Wish we would have been done there that weekend so we could have gone. I haven't seen you in so many years but I am glad to see that you are doing great! You guys look so happy and looks like you had tons of fun in San Diego. About radiology what hospital did you go to? Shaye also wants to specialize in MRI's and CT's. Glad to get back in touch:)
~Ashley
Post a Comment